“I’ll be cool with being like a churchlady housewife. Cool?”
He replied with a very emphatic NO.
Back to the drawing board.
I love this site.
lower-income people tend to be “hoarders” and richer people are able to do more “minimalist” living spaces. if u don’t have much, you will hold onto any little thing that comes across your way. you got a new tv, but you still keep the old tv because you know things can break. you keep extra boxes of macaroni and cheese lying around because there will be a week when you don’t have money for groceries. you hold onto your stacks of books and clothes for dear life. those are your assets. physical evidence of where your money’s gone. it’s hard to get rid of it. the bare wall is terrifying when you don’t have much.
welcome to my world.
- watch CBS shows. Creeping up on old man status and that’s cute.
- live simply. Even if you got it, no need to spend it.
- send me bible verses for encouragement. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
- are not afraid of maintaining their personal growth. Go to the therapist just because. That’s great.
- are not afraid to indulge in corny media consumption. That’s me, all day everyday. Don’t be scared.
This has been a public service announcement.
to like someone who inspires you to be closer to Jesus.